Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My Birthday!

Today was the big day! Here's how my day went: I slept in until 7:30, which was quite luxurious. I got red beans and some other stuff for breakfast, which rocked because I love red beans, flatulence be damned. I'm a baby, right? I can fart with abandon and people think it's cute. Try that, middle-aged man. Where was I? Oh, right: spent the morning crawling around and playing chase with Mommy. Then Mommy left and I got to spend the rest of the morning with Daddy, which was an unexpected and welcome surprise, because Daddy is silly. Mommy laid out my birthday clothes (Baby Nay violet romper and striped socks) so Daddy wouldn't dress me like the Village Idiot again. (Note to Daddy: tights need to be worn under something.) At the Child Development Lab, I got to play with my regular buds Dante, Rainier, Gaia, Luca, Rachel, Caden, and Alicia. See? I'm not the only one with a kooky name. In honor of my birthday, we ate special cookies that Mommy dropped off. They're shaped like dog biscuits! I can pant like a dog. Wanna see? Anyway, I napped for a bit, then Daddy picked me back up again and brought me home, where Mommy was waiting for me. At that point I was kind of tired and--okay, I admit it--cranky. Things picked up, though, when they gave me dinner (more beans! TOOT TOOT!) and, after that, CAKE! Mommy said it's called Princess Cake. I call it Messy but Delicious Cakelike Mass. I crawled around for a bit longer while Mommy played piano, then Daddy gave me a bath and we proceeded with the usual story/bed routine. On balance, I'd say this birthday thing is cool. When's the next one?

A YEAR?!

2 comments:

WinterWheat said...

Yes, Itty McBitty, a year. By then you'll know what it's all about and you can rip open your presents greedily AND fart and people will still think it's cute. So--something to look forward to, no?

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEAUTIFUL!

Urban Chick said...

happy birthday, little girl!

late february is THE time of year to be born (so say the chicklets, and they should know...)


UC